Last updated: March 31, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as You are the individual using the Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, or “Karing Kind” in this Agreement) refers to Karing Kind, LLC, 5854 Rawhide Ct, Boulder, CO 80302. For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Website refers to karingkind.com, accessible from www.karingkind.com
- Service refers to the Website, Our affiliates, and related services, including but not limited to Loyalty rewards, text membership, social media interactions, and email communication.
- Country refers to: Colorado, United States
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Facebook Fan Page is a public profile named Karing Kind Boulder Fan Club specifically created by the Company on the Facebook social network, accessible from https://www.facebook.com/Karing-Kind-Boulder-Fanclub-1653233624922241
- Instagram Fan Page is a public profile named Karing Kind Insta specifically created by the Company on the Instagram social network, accessible from https://www.instagram.com/karingkindinsta/
- Twitter Fan Page is a public profile named Karing_Kind specifically created by the Company on the Twitter social network, accessible from https://www.twitter.com/karing_kind/
- YouTube Fan Page is a public profile named Karing Kind specifically created by the Company on the YouTube video sharing network, accessible from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf7w7cVVTCtSE4u3PdRJkVA
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information.
- Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a Colorado resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s Personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of Our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify You as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device You use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how Our users react to them.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies track Your browsing habits to enable Us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to You. These Cookies use information about Your browsing history to group You with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with Our permission, third party advertisers can place Cookies to enable them to show adverts which We think will be relevant to Your interests while You are on third party websites.
For more information about the cookies we use and Your choices regarding cookies, please visit Our Cookies Policy.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account, including to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract, including the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You, whether by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To attend to and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited Our Service, or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if compelled to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, however no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use Your information for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Microsoft Clarity. Microsoft Clarity is a web analytics service offered by Microsoft that tracks and reports user behavior on Our site. Microsoft uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Service.
- Hubspot. Hubspot is an American developer and marketer of software products for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. Hubspot tracks and reports User behavior when accessing Our site and Services. Hubspot uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Services. The data is shared with Us to contextualize and personalize Our marketing efforts online and offline. Hubspot may use the collected data without personally identifying information to better understand the needs of the Company and other users.
For more information on the privacy practices of Hubspot, please visit the Hubspot Privacy web page: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- I Heart Jane. I Heart Jane is an online menu service that tracks and reports User behavior when browsing and ordering from Our online menu. Jane uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Service. This data is shared with Us to contextualize and personalize Our marketing efforts online and offline. Jane may use the collected data in conjunction with other data from similar Companies and Services to better understand User behavior and to improve Services.
For more information on the privacy practices of I Heart Jane, please visit the Jane Privacy web page: https://www.iheartjane.com/privacy-policy
- Alpine IQ. Alpine IQ is an online service that tracks and reports User behavior when participating in Our marketing efforts online and via text message. Alpine IQ uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of Our Service. This data is shared with Us to contextualize and personalize Our marketing efforts. Alpine IQ may use the collected data in conjunction with other data from similar Companies and Services to better understand User behavior and to improve Services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Alpine IQ, please visit the Alpine IQ Privacy web page: https://alpineiq.com/privacy.html. To obtain a copy of the data We store about you, opt out, or to request your data be deleted entirely, please visit Our Data Preferences web page: https://lab.alpineiq.com/trackingPreferences/1171
We may use Service providers to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the manage preferences link or unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You via SMS messaging with marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any such message We send or by contacting Us.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The following terms regarding GDPR apply solely if You are a resident of the United Kingdom, the EEU, or Switzerland.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If You are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using Your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
EXERCISING OF YOUR GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try Our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, please contact Your local data protection authority.
Third Party Social Media
Facebook Fan Page
DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
The Company is the Data Controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/Karing-Kind-Boulder-Fanclub-1653233624922241, the Company and the operator of the social network Facebook are Joint Controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with Facebook that define the terms for use of the Facebook Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
We use the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For this purpose, Facebook places a Cookie on the device of the user visiting Our Facebook Fan Page. Each Cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period.
Facebook receives, records and processes the information stored in the Cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Fan Page and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
Instagram Fan Page
DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE INSTAGRAM FAN PAGE
The Company is the Data Controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the Instagram Fan Page https://www.instagram.com/karingkindinsta/, the Company and the operator of the social network Instagram are Joint Controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with Instagram that define the terms for use of the Instagram Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Instagram Terms of Service: https://help.instagram.com/1215086795543252
We use the Instagram Insights function in connection with the operation of the Instagram Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For more information on the privacy practices of Instagram, please visit Instagram Insights page here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/441651653251838?id=419087378825961
Twitter Fan Page
DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE TWITTER FAN PAGE
The Company is the Data Controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the Twitter Fan Page https://twitter.com/karing_kind, the Company and the operator of the social network Twitter are Joint Controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with Twitter that define the terms for use of the Twitter Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Twitter Terms of Service: https://twitter.com/en/tos
We use the Twitter Analytics function in connection with the operation of the Twitter Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For more information on the privacy practices of Twitter, please visit Twitter Analytics page here: https://analytics.twitter.com/about
YouTube Fan Page
DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE YOUTUBE FAN PAGE
The Company is the Data Controller of Your Personal Data collected while using the Service. As operator of the YouTube Fan Page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf7w7cVVTCtSE4u3PdRJkVA, the Company and the operator of the social network YouTube are Joint Controllers.
The Company has entered into agreements with YouTube that define the terms for use of the YouTube Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the YouTube Terms of Service: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms
We use the YouTube Analytics function in connection with the operation of the YouTube Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about Our users.
For more information on the privacy practices of YouTube, please visit YouTube Analytics page here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9002587?hl=en
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
EXERCISING YOUR CCPA DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if You are a California resident, You can email or call us or visit Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, Our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If You wish to opt out of the use of Your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, You may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt out on every browser that You use.
Your mobile device may give You the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps You use in order to serve You ads that are targeted to Your interests:
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on Your mobile device.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Some websites keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting Our site or other such third party websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
Our Service does not address, solicit, or advertise to anyone under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 21. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 21, We take steps to remove that information from Our website database and servers. All Karing Kind, LLC site users must be of 21 years of age or older.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Karing Kind, LLC
5854 Rawhide Ct., Boulder, CO 80302